Updated design, AA compliance for visually impaired, organize and display past broadcast audio.
GaRRS is a non profit that has volunteer readers record audio programs each month including newspapers, books, magazines, and more. They broadcast this audio in multiple ways, including streaming through their website. Their website was severely outdated and difficult for their users to navigate.
- Outdated website that was not WCAG 2.0 AA compliant
- Outdated branding and logo
- Integrate with WireReady where GaRRS stores all audio for broadcasting
- Searchable Program Library for users to find past broadcasts
- User friendly Broadcast Schedule and Calendar
- Complete rebuild the website from scratch on the WordPress Platform using a WCAG 2.0 AA compliance first approach
- Update the logo and branding guidelines
- On site interviews and user experience cases with GaRRS board members that are visually impaired and use page readers to navigate the internet
- Custom RSS feed reader to pull data from WireReady alongside a Custom Post Type build out to store and organize this data.
- Custom front end design for Searching and Displaying this data.
- Event calendar integration
- Specialist verified WCAG 2.0 AA compliance throughout the site.
- Easy to use navigation and sitemap
- Users can browse and search for past available broadcasts to listen at their leisure
- Modern design and creative new logo for users that are not using a page reader
- Simple user friendly display of all upcoming events