Custom exercise and food consumption tracker built on WordPress.
FitTrip is a program run at many different health clubs across the city, encouraging participants to adopt healthier eating and exercise habits. Participants earn points by tracking their daily routines. Participants can win prizes throughout the program as well as at the end.
- Much of the program was a manual process with people submitted results on paper or via email.
- Coaches found it difficult to keep track of participants’ results.
- There were many labor intensive steps to total up points.
- Delays in reporting kept participants from getting the feedback they needed to stay motivated and succeed.
- Designed a marketing site to introduce the program.
- Configured the Ultimate Member plugin to allow different access levels for participants, coaches and administrators.
- Developed custom post types to allow administrators to set up weekly and bonus challenges.
- Created an interface to allow participants to input their daily results.
- Developed a system for coaches to approve points earned by participants.
- Provided reports for each club and overall to see the total points earned and other important metrics.
- Allowed for clubs to start at different dates.
- Participants could easily track their progress.
- Coaches spent less time on paperwork giving them more time to work with the participants.
- Actionable data was available to administrators earlier, allowing them to make adjustments to the programs.
- Reusable elements available will make the program even easier to launch and maintain next year.