Modern design with a streamlined class registration system
Georgia Water and Wastewater Institute, a division of Georgia Association of Water Professionals, provides training and certification for water treatment facilities across Georgia. They came to Sideways8 looking for a more modern website and a more efficient class registration process. Along the way, we were able to make many changes that helped GWWI streamline all certification methods and have established the foundation for a student tracking database integration.
- Outdated website that was not mobile friendly.
- Registration system that was antiquated and required a lot of manual report creation
- Certification requirements were not clear.
- Certification requests were not automated.
- Used current logo to develop a web standards guide, providing a clean, modern look and feel.
- Used graphics to represent the different disciplines to help guide the students through the site.
- Used Events Tickets Plus to schedule classes and collect student data.
- Improved the checkout process to allow multiple people to be registered for multiple classes in one transaction.
- Customized emails for administrators and attendees.
- Created a credits calculator to allow students to better determine what classes they needed for the different certifications offered by GWWI.
- Provided forms to request certificates and process payments.
- Classes are easier to schedule and keep up to date.
- Registration is streamlined, reducing manual processes both for GWWI and their clients.
- Registration, payment, and attendance can be tracked online.
- Class rosters are automatically created.
- Students no longer need to call GWWI to verify classes required for certification.
- Database of students and classes established, providing a framework on which to build future functionality.