Social media is a major factor these days for bringing more organic search traffic to your site. It enhances all areas of good business, such as engaging with the general public, addressing customer service issues, as well as converting people that may have been on the fence about your products or services into revenue-generating clients.
How many people do you know that are on one or more social media platforms? I am sure that the majority of you have seen plenty of well-known businesses on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and the list of platforms just keep growing.
Here are the top five ways that social media can help grow your business:
- Client Interaction: Your potential clients want to know more about what you are offering. It makes all the difference in the world when your clients can interact with you. Whether it is problem solving, product or service information or just to give you feedback. Having this client interaction can be a very valuable tool for the growth of your business.
- Creating Revenue: Social media broadens the horizon for the exposure of your business, increasing traffic to your site, creating interest in what you are offering and gives you a chance to offer promotions to “seal the deal”. A great social media platform that I highly recommend if you have an actual product is Pinterest. People that share their products on Pinterest have a great potential to sell more of their products due to the amount of people that “pin” things they like and share those “pins” with others. Utilizing Google Shopping is another great tool in combination with Google AdWords. The amount of people using Google Shopping is constantly increasing. In my experience it is a lot easier to list your products on Google Merchants than on Amazon.com.
- Building Loyal Clients: Social media can enhance your business if you can show people that you are a brand they can trust. Show them that your business lives by it’s values. Constantly show people what is going on in your business so they feel like they are a part of it. Social media can enhance your relationship with your clients by having open lines of communication. If your business receives a complaint or a question and you answer it immediately, that strengthens the bond with the brand. People want to deal with companies that care about their customers and will refer more people to you if they feel you truly do care.
- Thought Leadership: Make sure you engage in intellectual discussions about your products and services. People get tired of the “sales pitch” posts. Make sure you are posting good quality content that people will want to interact with and then share with their friends and family.
- Search Engine Optimization: Most people go directly to Google to search for what they need. Having more active accounts on several different social media platforms can help your company rank even higher in page rankings for those high quality keywords. Again, make sure you have good quality content. When you write your content, ask yourself, “Is this something I would want to share with my friends and family if I read it for the first time? Is it interesting enough?”
If you are ready to boost your business with social media platforms and need additional help, please feel free to contact Sideways8 for more information!